Gutter Maintenance Tips to Prevent Damage to Your Home
Gutters are an important part of your home structure, without them, water can seep into your roof, windows, siding, doors, and foundation and cause serious damage. Making sure your gutters are clean and free of debris is an important part of your home maintenance. When it comes to cleaning your gutters, timing is key. It’s important to start in the late summer or fall as gutters cannot be cleaned when temperatures drop below freezing. You’ll want to get ahead of the snow and start unclogging that debris. Too much build-up in your gutters can cause them to break, or as we approach the winter weather—form ice dams.
Tips to prevent your gutters from getting clogged or damaged:
- Trim any tree branches around your home or roofing structure.
- Have a professional unclog your gutters to rid them of debris.
- Consider investing in gutter guards to reduce the amount of debris.
- Make sure the area under your gutters is cleared to prevent debris from getting on your furnishings.
- Consider a new gutter system if yours is damaged or installed incorrectly.
Summit Roofing is here to help keep your home free from debris and help you follow all gutter maintenance tips. Follow these tips to take preventative measures against damage caused by over-clogged gutters. Schedule your gutter cleaning as soon as possible to stay ahead of the winter snow.
Give us a call today at 215-667-8988. We can help take your gutter system to the next level of protection and quality. Learn more about our gutter services here.